In This Episode
This week we were joined in studio by Tracey Watts Cirino, owner of Lavish Color Salon (http://lavishcolorsalon.com), an award winning full service salon. Tracey is also a graduate of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program (https://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/US/) and she shared with us some of his key takeaways from that program (e.g. her support group for workaholics!) in our monthly Goldman 10 for 10 segment.
Tracey shared her early journey as a teenager and in her 20s traveling the world for hair shows while also working full-time and trying to go to school. She took all of that experience to create a salon that was different from anything else in the Cleveland area. A big part of what Tracey is about is training. She is always investing in her people to make them better. The training is focused on things like life skills and how to make a good living doing something that you love in addition to the technical training. This has now lead to Tracey writing a book which will be coming out soon called Beyond Common which is focused on 12 keys to success in life and the workplace. It can be found at www.traceywattscirino.com or look for Tracey on social media (Instagram, Facebook, etc.).
Tracey had lots of great insights and you will definitely learn some great pearls of wisdom from tonight’s interview.
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Lavish Color Salon (http://lavishcolorsalon.com)
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program (https://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/US/)
- Lakeland Community College (https://www.lakelandcc.edu)
- Duets (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duets_(film))
- Paul Giamatti (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Giamatti)
- Female Entrepreneur Summit (https://contempocleveland.com/fes/)
- Steve Case, AOL (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Case)
- Geddy Lee of Rush (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geddy_Lee)