In This Episode
If you’ve been in business for a while, chances are you’ve gotten some unsolicited phone calls, emails, and/or letters from folks inquiring about potentially purchasing your business. So what do you do with these inquiries? Depending how your day is going will often determine your reaction to these.
We have helped hundreds of clients through situations like these and the bigger question of how do you know it’s time to sell your business? Each situation is unique, but the questions you should be asking yourself are the same. These include:
- Why do I want to sell?
- What will I do next?
- What’s the company worth?
- What do I say?
- What shouldn’t I say?
- Can I work for someone else after being the boss?
- What will happen to my employees?
- How do I know what to present to a potential buyer about my company?
- Should I officially put the company “up for sale”?
In tonight’s show, we share answers to these questions by sharing several stories of clients of ours who we’ve coached through this process. Some decided to sell. Some didn’t. Listen to tonight’s show to find out why!
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Shark Tank (http://abc.go.com/shows/shark-tank)
- ROMEO Groups (Retired Old Men Eating Out)
- Duets (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duets_(film))
- Business Valuation Rules of Thumb (https://www.amazon.com/Business-Valuation-Rules-Formula-Resource/dp/097213302X)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download