In This Episode
If you’ve been in business long enough, chances are there have been several times when you’ve felt like you can’t get caught up and that you’re drowning in work. There are only so many hours in the day and it almost feels like being in quicksand where the harder you work and the more you struggle the worse things get. So what’s a drowning business owner to do?
First off, realize that you always have choices. No matter how many items are on your To Do List or how many unopened emails you have, you always have a choice for how to respond. Don’t give up hope! Keep things simple to start. List out all the stuff you have to do. Get it out of your head and either onto a piece of paper or into a Word document or some other electronic format. There is incredible power an energy that comes from simply getting things out of your head. Then find one good person to help you. You’ll be amazed the positive impact one good person can have on your organization! Go after someone overqualified!
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- U.S. Supreme Court Case with Masterpiece Cakeshop and Jack Phillips vs. Colorado Civil Rights Commission (http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/masterpiece-cakeshop-ltd-v-colorado-civil-rights-commn/)
- Tarzan (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarzan)
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Combos (https://www.influenster.com/reviews/combos-baked-snacks-buffalo-blue-cheese-pretzel)
- Jacob Marley (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Marley)
- Bob Marley (http://www.bobmarley.com)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download