In This Episode
Just about everyone, at some point, has danced with the idea of starting their own company. Of being the boss. The one in charge. But so few actually do it. How come? Can it really be that difficult and confusing to start a company? Do I know a lot about business or very little? Does it matter?
While it’s easy to dream and talk about starting a company, the knowledge for how to actually do it is where most folks run out of steam. Where do you find ideas for the type of company to start? How do you decide what type of corporate structure should be set up? Where do you find money? How do you know if you need money to start, and if so, how much money do you need? When are you officially “in business”?
In tonight’s show we shared some steps for you to take to get your business going and answered the above questions and a lot more. The new American dream is to own a business and it’s becoming the dream of many others worldwide as well. Tonight’s show will help you avoid the common false starts!
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Inc. Magazine’s Inc. 500 and Inc. 5000 List (https://www.inc.com/inc5000/index.html)
- Lake-Geauga Fast Track 50 (https://www.news-herald.com/business/eastlake-company-captures-no-spot-on-lake-geauga-fast-track/article_bf550ca8-dd55-11e8-8a27-6376a8d9e3f0.html)
- Weatherhead 100 List (https://weatherhead.case.edu/events/weatherhead100/)
- Local Chambers of Commerce
- Local Incubators (e.g. Braintree Business Development Center, http://www.braintreepartners.org)
- Most Businesses Fail Within 10 Years (https://www.fundera.com/blog/what-percentage-of-small-businesses-fail)
- The Matrix (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133093/)
- Joe Tye No BMWs (https://www.valuescoachinc.com/joe-tye)
- MVP’s 7 Keys To Success (http://maximumvp.com/7-keys-to-success/)