In This Episode
One of our favorite topics to discuss over the years on our show is our beloved Cleveland Browns. Now we don’t talk X’s and O’s when it comes to the Browns, but instead tend to focus more on Organization and Leadership items. Unfortunately our shows to date have typically been pretty critical of the Leadership team with the Browns. But this year, during this crazy COVID 2020, the Cleveland Browns may have actually gotten it right!
So during the show today we took a brief history lesson for how a team goes from 0-16 to the verge of the playoffs in only 4 years. And then we tied it into some of the turnaround situations Jack was involved in where he purchased companies that were struggling and then turned them into profitable businesses. Many of the Organization lessons are the same.
We thought this was a timely topic also given what’s happened in 2020 with COVID-19 and how many of us are still struggling through ways to rebuild or reset our lives as well as our businesses. Hopefully you will find some good nuggets in this episode to help you out!
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Cleveland Browns (https://www.clevelandbrowns.com)
- Ground Hog Day (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog_Day_(film))
- Moneyball (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210166/)
- Paul DePodesta (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_DePodesta)
- Jimmy Haslam (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Haslam)
- Hue Jackson (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hue_Jackson)
- John Dorsey (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dorsey_(American_football))
- Freddie Kitchens (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Kitchens)
- Gregg Williams (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Williams)
- UPS (https://www.ups.com/us/en/Home.page)