In This Episode
So you’ve been running your business for years or even decades. Some days you hardly have time to think. But you heard about a friend who recently sold her business or your spouse is asking when you’re going to retire. So how do you know you’re ready to sell your business? What do you need to do to get your business ready to sell?
Some of the questions we addressed tonight include:
- What’s my company worth?
- How do I decide who to sell the business to?
- How do I know I’m accounting for all the value I’m taking out of the business?
We also shared several real-world stories for how these questions and issues have been addressed both successfully and not so successfully. Enjoy!
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Ramblin’ Man – The Allman Brothers Band (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramblin’_Man_(The_Allman_Brothers_Band_song))
- Bear Stearns (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bear-stearns.asp)
- The Bank of New York (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bank_of_New_York_Mellon)
- Alexander Hamilton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Hamilton)
Join Us Next Time
Join us next week when we will be joined in studio by Jeff Tomaszewski of Max Strength Fitness (https://www.maxstrengthfitness.com). Jeff has a wonderful story to share and will also talk about his experience with the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program (https://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/US/).
Podcast: Play in new window | Download