In This Episode
In part 2 of our series on Marketing Channels we focus on the Long Term Marketing Channels. These are the Channels that we all wish we had started months or years ago because, as the name implies, these Channels typically require a little more time to deliver some results. But that doesn’t mean they should be ignored.
As discussed last week, most folks like to get their Marketing Plans jumpstarted by using one of the many Short Term Marketing Channels we covered. Many of us prefer that instant gratification! But chances are you are also involved in some Longer Term Marketing Channels. If not, there is no better time than the present to get started. These Long Term Channels include things like:
- Networking: this covers everything from the more traditional in-person events sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce to Tip Clubs like BNI whose sole purpose is to help you generate more referrals for your business. It also includes the myriad of online options including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Create Content: think about things like blog, vlogs, videos, podcast, and writing articles. These are all long-term strategies geared toward you getting the word out about what your Product/Service does and your knowledge and position as an expert. It also requires consistency so don’t start something you can’t commit to on a regular basis.
- Free Trials: or what might be better known as the “drug dealer” approach where you give your prospective customer a little “taste” of what you have to offer in order to get them hooked on your Product or Service.
We covered these and many more during the show. Which ones make the most sense for you to get started? Click here to download the Marketing Channels by Category 1-pager we discussed during the show.
Get a copy of our Marketing Channels By Category guide.
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- BNI (www.bni.com)
- Chambers of Commerce (https://www.uschamber.com)
- LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com)
- Facebook (www.facebook.com)
- Twitter (www.twitter.com)
- Instagram (www.instagram.com)
- Snapchat (www.snapchat.com)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download