In This Episode
All everyone is talking about these days is Coronavirus and COVID-19. We are all learning and adjusting together in real time. No matter when the current restrictions end, business is likely to be changed forever. That’s true whether you are a big or small business. One big area of change that is likely to stick is the idea of having more virtual meetings.
With that in mind, we are thrilled to be joined on this week’s show by Sheri Jeavons, the President and Owner of Power Presentations (https://www.power-presentations.com). Sheri started Power Presentations in 1993 and is a leading expert when it comes to all things related to presenting whether it be in-person or virtually.
During the show she shared lots of great tips and advice for how to be more effective when conducting virtual meetings. Some of the questions we addressed include:
- How do you prepare if you are new to virtual meetings where you can’t see everyone?
- Why is an agenda more important with a virtual meeting vs. an in-person meeting?
- How do you get people to engage in the meeting vs. being distracted by other things or not speaking up?
- What type of technology should I be considering?
- What should I have in the background (or not have in the background) with my web camera?
- What do you do when the technology doesn’t work or things go sideways?
In addition to the great guidance on how to present better in this virtual world, Sheri also shared some of her entrepreneurial story with us. Also, this Friday March 20th at noon eastern time and next Thursday March 26th at 4pm eastern time, Sheri and her team at Power Presentations will be leading a FREE webinar called “Top Ten Things You Can Do Right Now To Conduct Engaging Web Meetings.” Go here to register (https://www.power-presentations.com/lead-virtual-meetings/). Enjoy the show!