In This Episode
Tonight is the second part of a show we started last week to talk about how to transition the business from one generation to the next. These two shows are geared to the current owner and questions and concerns they have. Net week we will get into questions from the next generation’s standpoint, but this week and last week’s shows should be helpful for you as well.
Some of the questions we addressed today include:
- How can I be helpful and avoid being an impediment in the transition?
- How do I make sure I’m fair to all the kids? Who should be in charge?
- What am I going to do next? What does “retirement” look like?
We also shared several real-world stories for how these questions and issues have been addressed both successfully and not so successfully. Enjoy!
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- 7 Keys (http://maximumvp.com/7-keys-to-success/)
- Paul Harvey (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Harvey)
- The Godfather (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Godfather)
- Sean Hannity (https://hannity.com)
- Tommy Boy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Boy)
Join Us Next Time
Join us next week when we will shift our discussion to Business Transition from the next generation’s standpoint. Some of the questions we will address next week include:
- How do I know when I’m ready to take over?
- What happens if this doesn’t work out?