In This Episode
This week we were joined in studio by Cristina Bertero of Fully Promoted (http://www.fullypromoted.com/cleveland-west-oh) who is an immigrant from Brazil who came to this country several years ago not speaking a word of English. After her kids grew up she decided to launch her business and she shared her great story with us tonight! Cristina is also a graduate of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program (https://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/US/) and she shared with us some of her key takeaways from that program in our monthly Goldman 10 for 10 segment including how it helped relieve her solitary feeling as a business owner and got so close with folks in her class.
During the show she shared everything from the impetus to start her business which coincided with their empty nest to some of the keys to her successful growth which includes lots of networking. Like many small business owners, Cristina also recently decided to add a trusted person to the payroll…her husband Fernando. We discussed many of the ups and downs (mostly ups for Cristina) of working with your spouse. Cristina also provided some valuable insights into the benefits of owning a franchise and discussed how it might not be right for everyone.
People, Companies and Resources We Mentioned in the Show
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program (https://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/US/)
- BNI (https://www.bni.com)
- Cummins Engine (https://www.cummins.com/engines)
- Bendix (https://www.bendix.com)
- EmbroidMe (https://fullypromoted.com)
- Invacare (http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhqprd/default.jsp)
- United Franchise Group (https://unitedfranchisegroup.com)
- North Olmsted Chamber of Commerce (https://www.nolmstedchamber.org)
- Power of More Chamber (https://www.powerofmorechambers.org)
- Greater Cleveland Partnership/COSE (https://www.gcpartnership.com)
- Manufacturing Works (http://www.wire-net.org)
Join Us Next Time
Join us next week when we will be joined by Elisabeth Sapell of All City Candy (https://allcitycandy.com) who shared her story of jumping from the non-profit world into the business world to start her own company in 2013 after growing up with parents who were business owners. Elisabeth is also a graduate of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program (https://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000-small-businesses/US/) and will be sharing her experience with the program as well!